LED, a light-emitting diode, is a species of a solid-state semiconductor device that can convert electrical energy into visible light. It can directly convert electricity into light. The heart of LED is a semiconductor wafer, one end of which is attached to a bracket, one end is opposing, and the other tip is connected to the positive pole of the power supply so that epoxy resin encapsulates the whole wafer.
The semiconductor chip consists of two parts, one is P-type semiconductors, in which holes are dominant, and the other end is N-type semiconductors, which are mainly electrons. But when the two semiconductors are connected, a P-N junction is formed between them. When electric current acts on the chip through a wire, push electrons into the P region, where electrons recombine with holes and then emit energy in photons, which is how LED lights emit light. The wavelength of light. The material of the P-N junction determines the color of light.
A single LED lamp bead can only work at low voltage (about 3V) and low current (about a few milliamperes), and the light emitted is feeble. Many LED lamp beads need to connect in series or parallel; meanwhile, a single LED lamp bead is unidirectional conductive and uses the positive and negative half-cycle current of alternating current. It needs an integrated circuit chip to transform the AC 220V power supply into a direct current whose voltage and current can match the LED set, to meet the requirements of the LED lamp bead assembly and make it shine currently.
Nowadays, we can’t live without LED lights, which bring us more convenience, such as making the food on the table look more delicious, making the goods in the supermarket more attractive, and making the singers and actors performing on the stage more wonderful. Because the existence of LED lights, improves our quality of life. It has been affecting our lives and our use. So how to use LED lights better and more effectively has become a question worthy of consideration.
Let me make some suggestions:
Firstly, we need to know what conditions can damage LEDs.
1. The voltage of the current is unstable. The increase of the supply voltage is peculiarly straightforward to causing damage to the LED lamp. There are many reasons for the sudden rise of the voltage, the quality of the power supply, the improper use of users, and other reasons that may make the power supply voltage rise suddenly.
2. There will be a short circuit in the power path part of the lamp, the short circuit is usually causing a part of the line or other wires that increase the voltage in this place.
3. LED may also cause short circuits due to quality damage, and transfer the initial pressure drop to another LED.
4. The heat dissipation effect of lamps and lanterns is not good. We all know that lamp luminescence is a heat dissipation process. If the temperature in the lamps is too high, it is easy to make the characteristics of LED worse. It is also easy to damage the LED light.
5. It is also possible that there is water in the light because the water is conductive, which will short-circuit the lamp.
6. When assembling, the anti-static work is not done well, so static electricity damages the interior of the LED. Although the voltage and current are applied, it is also exceedingly effortless to cause damage to the LED.
(1) The excessive leakage current of LED causes the failure of the PN junction and makes the lighting of the LED lamps not bright, which generally does not affect the work of other LED lights.
(2) The internal connection lead of the LED lamp is disconnected, resulting in a dead light due to no current passing through the LED, which will affect the regular operation of other LED lights.
The human body electrostatic is bulky to the harm of LEDs, should wear anti-static clothing at work, with the electrostatic ring, an electrostatic ring should be good grounding. Don’t need ground electrostatic ring anti-static effect is wrong, suggest not to wear this product, if the staff in violation of operating procedures, should accept the corresponding warning education, but act as a warning to others.
The amount of static electricity in the human body is related to the clothes of different fabrics and people’s physiques. When we take off our clothes on the night of autumn and winter, it is easy to see the discharge between clothes. The voltage of this kind of electrostatic discharge is 3000 volts.
The reason why LED has a long life is only relative to the more suitable working environment. There are two main causes of LED lighting damage: one side is the current shock, that is, the current applied to the LED exceeds the maximum rated current in the LED technical data manual, including the over-voltage shock; the other is overheating damage.
First of all, to prevent electrical shock, stop transient over current. Generally, a large transient overcurrent will cause an electric shock, and directly damage other parts near the welding line, such as the sealing material.
Secondly, to do an excellent job in the heat dissipation system, the domestic technology related to the LED heat dissipation system is not very mature, and excessive heat will directly lead to damage to the internal devices of LED lighting and failing LED lighting.
LED has improved our quality of life for us. We must learn how to make better use of it. If you want to know more about LED, you are welcome to visit our company’s website www.enetcl.com. You can not only learn more about LED but also contact us to give us your suggestions and any help you need. Thank you!